No products in the cart.
“Change Colour, Change Site” ™
Montmed introduced for the first time the new SiteSmart ™ pen needles at Canadian Diabetes Association annual congress where more than 500 diabetes educators and pharmacists received information and samples of the product.
Montmed received the advice of 10 Canadian key injection technique expe
rts and created a new version of Coloured Pen Needles called SiteSmart ™. The product uses the principle of association plus a simple educational tagline “Change colour, change site” ™ as an intuitive way to rotate the injection site.
Why “change colour, change site” ™?
According to Canadian and global injection technique guidelines, people with diabetes should rotate their injection site to
- Keep injection site tissue healthy
- promote better insulin absorption
- better-control blood glucose
Value for pharmacy retailers
Pharmacy retailers can deliver value in 15 seconds and offer an extra level of care to their valuable clients when dispensing SiteSmart pen needles. Because of lack of simple tools, site rotation counselling was not previously feasible at a busy pharmacy counter. Now with the help of SiteSmart ™ pen needles, pharmacies can offer this service in a condense educational message “Change colour, change site” ™
What are main differences of SiteSmart ™ pen needles with previous version?
- Knowledge & expertise. SiteSmart ™ is the outcome of advice and insight received from key Canadian injection technique experts
- Simpler, SiteSmart has simpler body maps and injection charts as well as intuitive educational tag line “Change colour, change site” ™.
- Customization, with the help of the injection plan template and free coloured stickers provided in the box, the patient or the pharmacist can customize an injection plan.
- Aligned with new injection technique recommendations (FIT, forum for injection technique)
For more simplicity the product number, pseudo DIN and reimbursement information remains unchanged.